Why exchange?? Exchange is the central theme to this program. Exchange in conversation, learning process, exchange with another culture, and cultures, other artists, and the internal exchange that happens as we develop our artwork. This is an opportunity to work with other artists, exchange ideas, develop new relationships, network, be open to new influences, experiment, and develop one’s art. As a group experience, there is greater opportunity for creating memories, exchanging techniques, sharing inspirations, and the development of relationships.
The program is flexible,1 week to 3 months, with preference, and price-break, for longer stays. Groups are encouraged. The studio is fully equipped with 2 kilns, a slab roller, wheels, tables and tools. We can accommodate other artists, as there is space for painting, drawing, sculpture or other accommodations in media. There is an area for exhibition as work develops. Materials will be purchased upon arrival, and all subsequent visits to the ceramic supplier can be arranged. All artists have available assistance in any area they need. Artists are free to work at their leisure. Exhibition opportunities are available as the space allows.
Firing fees due at the time of firing
See Contact Page to send your message or questions! Contact
- Priority 3 Month residency: Submit a brief statement of intention, resume, and 4-6 images or
website. Requested dates
- Group - If applying as a group: brief statement of intention as a group, with members names and
resumes for each member, and 4 images or website for each member. Requested dates
- Monthly residency: Submit a resume, brief statement of intention, 4-6 images or website, at any
time. Requested dates
- Weekly residency: Submit proposal/statement of intent, resume and 4-6 images of work or website.
- Deposit fee required within 10 days of acceptance notification.
- Monthly fee required 1 month in advance of start-date
- Weekly program fee due prior to start date as scheduled
- 3-Month program fee - first month due 1 month prior to start date - monthly payments for the consecutive
- Workshops participants will be notified as soon as filled
- No refunds I Deposits are refundable
- There is a local supplier for clay and materials. Artists can choose their clay and other materials individually. I will take each artist to the store upon arrival to purchase materials
Do you have a group of students that want to learn from you?? Why not bring a
group to work for a week in the studio? The programming for IARE is flexible. Bring a
group, teach, exchange, experience and discover.
The space is open to workshops. See Events and Workshop page!
Included in All workshops: Materials, firing and week day lunch
Workshop proposals being accepted
Time: 3-day workshops to 2 weeks
Artists/Instructors Workshop Applications
Send a Proposal with the following information:
- Course description
- Desired dates
- Fee requirement
Using the Contact Page, send an email with the following information:
- Rental time/Workshop Request
- Workshop Title
- Contact information
- Brief statement of intent including website if available.or talk to me!
When the workshop is full you will be notified. Please wait until the confirmation
email and phone call to buy tickets or reserve accommodations. All fees are due
prior to workshop.
In addition, the following are some options in 2.5-hour sessions
- Birthday Party
- Team Building Experience
- Working with clay
- Learn to Draw
- Private Lessons